Sunday, June 10, 2012

Diapers!

This could be a novel, for sure!  As a couponer, I've tried several brands that are available in my area.  Whatever I can get a good deal on, that's the product I'm trying that week.  Here's what I've found.

Pampers Cruisers - These diapers were great when my daughter was smaller (and thus having less intake/output), but now that she's older, bigger, and prone to larger amounts of wetness, they just don't hold enough to suit me.  Definitely not an overnight diaper for an older baby.

Pampers Swaddlers - These are great for the newborns and smaller infants.  They can be expensive, but there are often sales and coupons to take advantage of, so stock up when you can find a good price.  They're gentle, and fit well to keep leaks to a minimum.  Blow outs from the little ones are inevitable but these are good at controlling the mess as well as could be expected.

Huggies Snug & Dry - They're not quite as good quality as the Pampers, but they do the job.  If they get too full overnight, they do start to break down a tiny bit and you have to make sure to wipe the little granule things off of baby's bum.  But they still keep her from wetting the bed!

Huggies Little Movers - These are just as good as the Pampers Cruisers, and they hold an appropriate amount for an older baby.  My favorite diapers!

Huggies Slip-Ons - These are great once you have a child who can stand long enough for these to be pulled up.  They break away on the sides so once full you can still take them off without any solids spilling out.  They hold plenty of wetness for an older child also.  The only reason these aren't quite my favorite is that the side closures are slightly less convenient than the front closures.  They're more meant for one-time use.

Luvs - These are a great affordable option.  They seem to have a little more fragrance added to them, so if your little one is sensitive to that, you might want to choose a different dipe.  However, this is a no-frills diaper with all the necessary requirements.  This is my go-to diaper when I do not have any good coupon deals lined up for the week on the other brands.

Seventh Generation - These are really great diapers!  They hold plenty of quantity and they are really the best option if your baby is sensitive to fragrance, chemicals and other things of that sort.  They're very gentle and effective.  The biggest downfall is price - they are quite a bit more expensive than the others I'm reviewing here.

Parent's Choice/Walmart - This is a good option to try.  These are definitely the most affordable diapers out there (if you're not watching coupon deals).  My problem was that they never fit my daughter well, so they inevitably leaked.  I know others who use these diapers and don't have problems with leaks, so it's worth a try to see if your little one fits them. 

Walgreens - We have used these diapers a few times out of necessity.  They're quite a bit like the Luvs - no frills, but they cover all the necessities.  They're pretty reasonably priced also, except that they don't come in the higher quantity packages, so you end up paying a little bit more for them than you might for a high-volume box of Luvs or Walmart brand.

Up and Up/Target - I know a lot of moms who really love these diapers.  For a lot of people this is a really good choice of affordability and quality.  I love Target and I buy a lot of their Up and Up items, but for me personally I really do not like the closures on this diaper.  I've bought them before and will probably buy them again because of their price, coupons and the fact that they accomplish the main goal of controlling wetness, but I prefer other brands when I can get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment